Principle Terms and Conditions
· Membership is personal to the member and is non-assignable, non-transferable and non- refundable.
· All clients must complete a screening form prior to using the gym /classes/PT. These are found here. More detailed screening is required for personal training. Please give as much information as possible.
· If you have a medical condition in some instances you may need to contact your health care professional before you start and inform your trainer / class instructor before you start.
· There are certain email and SMS communications, which it is necessary for us to send to all members, in connection with their Membership.
· In order to do so we will process your personal data for the purposes of performing our contractual obligations to you under the terms of your Membership - You cannot opt out of these communications.
· You may opt out of email and SMS communications that we may otherwise send for promotional or marketing purposes, but if you do we cannot be held responsible for any loss incurred by you not receiving gym-related communications for example closures.
· All processing of your personal data will be in accordance with our Privacy, Data protection policy
· Photographs and or videos will be taken from time to time for promotional purposes only. If you do not wish to appear in any advertised promotion you must inform staff at the time or Kate Campbell Fitness will assume you have consented.
· Annual/Direct Debit membership entitles a member to use of the facilities specified in the package purchased during opening hours.
· Under 18’s: An adult must accompany all 12-15 year olds. Monday to Thursday 4-6pm. 16 -17year olds can attend unaccompanied ensuring a member of staff is on the gym floor. Monday to Thursday 4-6pm
· The agreement to pay is with the person who gives consent to the membership. This must be the same person who fills out the screening form and makes the payment in full or initial payment and subsequent payments. It will be the person over 18 who signs these terms and condition that will be responsible for any breach of these terms and conditions
· Members will be required to sign in on attendance for fire regulations and check in for each session/ class attended.
· Anyone wishing to use the fitness suite must attend an initial appointment prior to use - Focus on change or Focus on fitness is recommended gym induction.
Rules and Regulations
· Kate Campbell Fitness shall make the rules for the facilities. These are provided to members for their safety and enjoyment of their membership. A copy of the Gym Rules is displayed at the facilities. Members should also be aware of and adhere to the Studio rules displayed within the Gym and Studio areas.
· The Gym and Studio rules form part of the Membership Terms and Conditions, and each member agrees to abide by the terms.
· Kate Campbell Fitness reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions and the Gym or Studio rules from time to time. You will be informed of any changes to the terms and conditions or the Rules
Limitation of Liability
· In consideration of Kate Campbell Fitness acceptance of his/her application for membership and he/she becoming and remaining a member, the member agrees that:
· Neither Kate Campbell Fitness nor its freelance instructors, employees or agents shall be liable for any loss, damage or theft of any property belonging to, or brought onto the premises by the member, occurring upon the premises unless caused by negligence of Kate Campbell Fitness or its employees.
· Neither Kate Campbell Fitness nor any employees of Kate Campbell Fitness shall be responsible for any death, personal injury or illness occurring upon the premises, or as a result of the use of the facilities and/or equipment provided by Kate Campbell Fitness, except to the extent that such death, personal injury or illness arises from any negligent act or omission of Kate Campbell Fitness or its employees.
· Cars parked in the car park in the 4 allocated spaces or elsewhere on the premises and all contents left in them are left at the owner’s risk and Kate Campbell Fitness will accept no liability for loss or damage in respect thereof.
Physical Condition of Member
· The member warrants that he/she is in a good physical condition and that he/she knows of no medical or other reason why he/she is not capable of engaging in active or passive exercise and that such exercise will not be detrimental to his/her health, safety, comfort or physical condition.
· If any member has any medical conditions or injuries you must inform class instructor or Personal trainer before the session.
· The member shall not use the facilities whilst suffering from any infections or contagious illness, disease or other ailment or whilst suffering from any physical ailment such as open cuts, abrasions, open sores or minor infections where there is a risk that such use may be detrimental to the health, safety, comfort or physical condition of any other.
· The Member agrees they have read and understood the Health Commitment Statement on display within the premises.
· Appropriate clean clothing and clean trainers must be worn at all times in the Gym
· Indoor trainers must be worn in the studio during classes unless specifically otherwise advised by an instructor.
· Trainers must be worn at all times whilst using the equipment in the gym.
· When training outdoors appropriate clothing should be wore depending on the weather conditions and reflective clothes worn when dark.
· Members should use the equipment and facilities in accordance with the advice given by centre staff and/or any notices on the premises. Members shall not misuse the equipment or facilities of the centre and any member who wilfully or negligently causes such damage shall pay for any damage to the property.
· Smoking is not permitted in any part of the facility.
· In the interests of health and hygiene, all users must ensure the equipment is cleaned after use.
· When using the showers members will need their own towel and toiletries.
· Members may not use the facilities of the centre whilst under the influence of narcotics or other mood altering substances.
· For security reasons, members and guests are asked to keep personal belongings and valuables with them or place in the lockers available – Use of own padlock is required.
· Lost property will be retained for a reasonable period of time and place in the locker room appropriate to their value and will subsequently be disposed of by Kate Campbell Fitness.
· Kate Campbell Fitness reserves the right to change/alter the programme of activities/ classes at any time.
· Feedback will be gratefully received – let us know what classes you love.
· Kate Campbell fitness will be closed for a minimum of 4 weeks during the year and members will be advised of closure dates.
· The gym will be closed all bank holidays
· Kate Campbell Fitness reserves the right to hold private functions / events in parts of the facilities from time to time and will advise members in advance of any changes in opening hours or alterations to the centre schedule to accommodate such functions.
· The failure of Kate Campbell Fitness to enforce any of their rights at any time for any period shall not be construed as waiver of such rights.
· It is at the discretion of Kate Campbell Fitness management team to close any of the facilities or limit their usage, should the centre venue become used for major events, refurbishment or emergency repairs/maintenance. No refund will be given in such circumstances and the team shall endeavour to give reasonable notice of any change, lengthening or shortening of such hours.
· Kate Campbell reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the membership.
· As a user and Member of Kate Campbell Fitness from time to time we may contact you with details of promotions and special offers along with other information we think may interest you across the range of Services.
Group Exercise booking
· Booking and cancelations can be made: via the Glofox Kate Campbell Fitness app, via social media, online by visiting www.katecampbellfitness.com or reception 0114 2362129
· Bookings can be made 21 days in advance.
· Booking can be made up to 2 hour before the class
· A minimum of 2 participants per class. Class will be cancelled if only 1 booking after bookings have closed
· Bookings are free; however, a minimum of 2 hours notice must be given to cancel a booking. Or you will lose your credit.
· Kate Campbell Fitness may from time to time wish to show potential members or others around the centre facilities on a trial basis and reserve the right to do so.
· Personal Training is available to members and non - members
· Focus on Change in an introduction to personal training and must be paid for in advance. No refunds.
· All Personal Training packs need to be fully used within the individual expiry date after which any remaining sessions will be forfeited.
· Bronze package is an introductory one time offer no refunds will be given and must be used within the individual expiry date after which any remaining sessions will be forfeited.
· Silver Package is a rolling contract. Once you have completed the 3 monthly Direct Debit payments you can cancel your automatic renewal payments anytime by contacting the gym and giving 30 days notice in advance. You should not cancel your Direct Debit mandate with the bank until the final months payment has been drawn.
· Gold Package is a rolling contract. Once you have completed the 12 monthly Direct Debit payments you can cancel your automatic renewal payments anytime by contacting the gym and giving 30 days notice in advance. You should not cancel your Direct Debit mandate with the bank until the final months payment has been drawn.
· Top up personal training credits can be purchased and must be used within the individual expiry date after which any remaining sessions will be forfeited.
· If you need to cancel a personal training session that you have booked, you must give us 24 hours cancellation notice. Failure to do so will result in you being charged the full session rate.
· If, for any reason, we need to cancel your appointment within 24 hours, we will endeavour to arrange another session that same week this may be with another personal trainer.
· If you are unable to continue your Personal Training sessions due to medical reasons, a refund may be available for any remaining sessions. You will need to provide us with evidence (i.e. a letter from your doctor) explaining that you are unable to continue for medical reasons including a time frame of this restriction prior to a refund being given. Refunds cannot be provided under any other circumstances.
· If your Personal Trainer is on holiday or otherwise absent, you will be allocated temporary replacement Personal Trainer for the duration of their absence. Personal Training sessions must still be used within their normal validity period during any such absence. We are unable to refund you for any unused sessions during any such absence.
· If your Personal Trainer leaves Kate Campbell fitness, the Manager in charge of Personal Training will allocate you another Personal Trainer, and will supply them with your complete training history. Refunds will not be provided under these circumstances.
· If you decide to terminate your membership, no refunds will be given for unused Personal Training sessions.
· If your Personal Trainer is late for your session, you will receive 30 minutes of Personal Training for free arranged at a mutually convenient time for you and your Personal Trainer.
· If you’re late for your session, your session length will be reduced accordingly, and you will be charged at the normal session rate.
· If you’re more than 20 minutes late, the session may be cancelled, and you will be charged for the full session at the normal session rate.
· Should you experience any pain, discomfort, or injury during any of your sessions, please inform your Personal Trainer immediately who will ensure appropriate action is taken.
· Prior to, or during, the course of your Personal Training, health concerns may arise that may require further input from your doctor, physiotherapist, or other allied health care professional. If such concerns arise, you should consult an appropriate health professional before continuing your Personal Training sessions.
· Please be aware that your Personal Trainers are not health care professionals and cannot diagnose and/or prescribe treatment for any form of injury, disease, or other medical problem.
· This agreement commences once you have indicated your acceptance in the Declaration section of the web sign up process.
· This agreement will become binding on you and us when we contact you to confirm your membership application has been accepted, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
· Membership starts on the membership start date.
· Membership is for a minimum period of 12 months from the membership start date.
· During the first 12 months of this agreement cancellation may only be considered as per the Fair Cancellation Policy below.
· Members are entitled to all rights and privileges for the type of membership chosen.
· This agreement is non-transferable to anyone else.
DIRECT DEBIT FEES AND CHARGES
· The fee relates to the use of the gym, type of class membership or personal training membership. All other privileges associated with the membership are deemed to be an addition to the fee and are subject to change.
· All payment for membership is due in advance as follows:
· Monthly Direct Debit memberships: A pro-rata initial payment for the balance of the first month’s membership, followed by advance payments on the first day of each following month by Direct Debit.
· Minimums of 12 monthly payments are required before this contract may be terminated (this includes any initial pro-rata payment). Once you have completed the 12 monthly Direct Debit payments you can cancel your automatic renewal payments anytime by contacting the gym and giving 30 days notice in advance. You should not cancel your Direct Debit mandate with the bank until the final months payment has been drawn.
· If you fail to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than 30 days, you will be denied access to the facilities until the amount due has been paid in full.
· You agree to advise us promptly of any change to the member details provided.
· Annual membership payments purchased at discounted rates are non-refundable.
· A member whose membership is terminated shall forfeit all the privileges of membership with immediate effect; there will be no entitlement to refund of any monthly membership charges already paid.
· For members under 18 only (third party payer) the agreement to pay is with the person who gives consent to the membership this must be the same person who makes the payment in full or initial payment and subsequent payments. It is the person over 18 who signs these terms and conditions and pays the membership fee that will be responsible for any breach of these terms and conditions.
· Members under 18 years of age have the right to cancel their membership anytime by contacting Kate Campbell Fitness and giving 30 days notice in advance.
· Monthly membership fees may be increased, subject to 30 days notice, at the discretion of Kate Campbell Fitness. We will give you at least 1 full months' notice of any incoming price increase and will make it very clear when the price increase will take effect and how much your membership will cost after the increase.
· You have the right to cancel your membership for any reason by sending or taking to Kate Campbell Fitness a written notice of cancellation, addressed to the Manager within fourteen days of joining (i.e. within 14 days of your membership start date.)
· If you cancel during the cooling-off period we shall refund in full the start up fee and any monthly subscription payments you have paid.
· If you cancel during the cooling-off period, we will credit the card used during the joining process.
· Annual membership is renewed for one year by payment of the membership fee in full in advance. For monthly Direct Debit memberships, the Membership continues on a rolling monthly Direct Debit payment until cancelled by either party. Please see notes on cancellation below.
· At the end of the first 12 months membership you may prevent automatic renewal at any time by giving 30 days notice in advance at your local leisure centre. You should not cancel your Direct Debit mandate with the Bank until the final months payment has been drawn.
· Members are required to provide further evidence to meet eligibility criteria in order to renew an annual or direct debit concession or NHS Membership on a yearly basis. If no evidence is provided the Direct Debit membership will renew automatically and convert to the standard price. Please note for those members under 19 and over 65, you do not need to provide evidence of age to remain on the concession price.
· Kate Campbell Fitness operates a fair cancellation policy. Only under the following circumstances will we consider the cancellation of a membership within the first 12 months of a Direct Debit membership or annual membership.
· Relocation: This agreement may be cancelled if the member moves to a permanent address more than 15 miles away from the facility. A copy of a utility bill or bank statement showing the new address should be supplied in support of this.
· Long term (over 3 month) illness or injury: This agreement may be cancelled in the event of an illness, injury or medical condition which in the opinion of a suitably qualified medical practitioner, prohibits exercise for 3 months or longer. Appropriate proof must be provided.
· Hardship: This agreement may be cancelled where the members financial circumstances have reduced to the extent where it makes it difficult to sustain the membership. Appropriate proof must be provided. E.g. Redundancy or loss of employment Breakdown of relationship - where a two income household reduces to a single income
· Pregnancy complications: This agreement may be cancelled upon receipt of appropriate written proof being given.
Please note – cancellation for the above reasons will not be affected until the appropriate proof is received in writing or via email with 30 day’s notice. Appropriate proof may be in the form of an official document or a written statement by a medical practitioner, employer, or other official.
· Breach: This agreement may be cancelled if Kate Campbell Fitness is in breach of contract. This includes not providing services, which may reasonably be expected by the member, or where standards fall below that detailed in the membership terms and conditions.
· Kate Campbell Fitness may also terminate this agreement with immediate effect, on notice to the Member, if there is a breach of the Gym rules e.g. theft or other criminal activity within the facility.
· A membership cancellation will not be implemented until the appropriate evidence is provided by the customer and received in writing or via email by Kate Campbell Fitness giving 30 days notice in advance.
· Cancellation Charge of one month’s membership will be debited with the credit card used during the joining process.
· No membership freeze will be implemented until the customer provides the appropriate evidence and received in writing or via email by Kate Campbell Fitness.
· Temporary illness or injury: This agreement may be frozen in the event of a temporary illness, injury or medical condition which, in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner, prohibits exercise for a period of time. This should be submitted inside 30 days of the situation arising. The membership may be frozen for a minimum of one month and up to a maximum of three months at any one time.
· A membership may be frozen for up to three months within a one-year period from the Direct Debit start date.
· If the membership freeze period exceeds 3 months the membership may be terminated in agreement with Kate Campbell Fitness and the member.
· A membership freeze period does not affect the minimum number of Direct Debit payments or the length of membership purchased. Any Direct Debit payments remaining at the time of the freeze will recommence on a monthly basis at the end of the freeze period. For annual memberships the freeze period will be added on to the end of the original 12-month period.
· Extension of freeze period: 30 days before the end of the initial freeze period, further evidence must be provided by the customer to Kate Campbell Fitness together with a request to extend the freeze period.
You have fully read and understand the above information terms and condition and have indicated your acceptance in the Declaration section of the web sign up process screening document freely and voluntarily or ticked the acceptance box online which will act as your contract with Kate Campbell Fitness